Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
2018 has been a big year for us and we already know that 2019 will have a lot in store as we are expecting our first child in late-March!
We are grateful that the pregnancy had been a smooth one and that we were able to get ultrasounds and prenatal care while we were in the US earlier this year. We will be traveling back to Colorado to deliver our baby this spring and will return to Uganda in the summer.
2018 Year-end Review:
As we look back over 2018, it is amazing to see what has developed:
- Jesse restarted the small-scale solar sales and the Lumi store which has provided light to approximately 1,250 people,
- Lumi has designed and installed 6 large-scale solar systems,
- WET has drilled 14 boreholes and served over 3,000 people,
- We decided to extend our time in Uganda beyond our original 3 year commitment,
- We transitioned to a new agency,
- WET and Lumi have both had short-term volunteers come to assist in the work,
- WET and Lumi have completed all the necessary government registrations and permits to continue to grow the businesses into 2019 and beyond,
- WET tested the subsidized community borehole model and it was successful, and
- We’ve started preparing for our first child.
We could not have imagined that God would have had so much in store for us in 2018.
Lumi – Jesse is hoping to expand the larger system designs and installations by adding another technician or engineer in 2019. He also hopes to open at least one new small scale shop farther north toward the refugee camps.
WET – In 2019, in addition to providing water to more people, WET will be looking for high-level Ugandan professionals to manage the accounting/bookkeeping and to expand our engineer consulting and water well drilling work. We have identified some potential candidates, and hope to make progress with them this year.
Requests from TeamGeiger:
– Pray with us for health and peace during this season of transition.
– Pray with us for wisdom in leading WET and Lumi.
– Please pray a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
As we wrap-up 2018, with all its changes and transitions, Jesse and I want to say a big “Thank You!” to each one of you. Thank you for following our journey, supporting us financially, and being such an encouragement to us!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to you and yours!
~Rachel, Jesse, and BabyGeiger