It’s the Final Countdown:
On Tuesday we got approval to leave in mid-July!…so I’ve had this song stuck in my head since then…
While we are SUPER excited to get to leave in 4 weeks, for the last month or two, it was looking more and more like Lumi would need us in the US for a few months, and our departure was likely going to be pushed back to September. Fortunately, Lumi has recently had a CFO join the team (SO grateful for him!) and now we are more needed in Uganda than the US. So despite all my efforts to get everything done as if we might still leave in mid-July, we still feel like there can’t possibly be enough time to get it all done.
We are SO fortunate that we’ll get a week in Crested Butte, Colorado with basically our whole family over the 4th of July. Rachel is able to visit some extended family in Ohio right after that, and then we’ll have a “TeamGeiger Goodbye BBQ” on July 12th! Please let me know if you are interested in coming to that! We should be sending out information on that later this week.
– Praise: We got approval to depart for Uganda!
– Request: That we can get everything done in the next 4 weeks to be ready to leave and stay caught up with Lumi, while getting in good time with family and friends.
– Praise: Continued time with family over the last several weeks and for the next month (our last in the US for a while).
– Request: Safe travel as we drive all over Colorado, and Rachel goes to OH in early-July.
– Praise: We get to spend Father’s Day with both of our dads this year!
– Request: For Lumi and for Lumi’s founder Thomas. Lumi is in a critical phase right now as the capital raise is starting. Thomas is with WorldVenture also and is in need of more financial supporters. Pray for wisdom for Lumi and for supporters for Thomas.
– Request: Pray that we reach 100% of our monthly support before we the end of June!…we are at 96%!
Thanks so much for following along with us on this journey.
Please let us know how we can be praying for you!
~Rachel (& Jesse) Geiger